We made it – we’re in San Jose! Enjoyed a celebratory dinner around the corner from the hotel at the Fleur de Lys, very nice restaurant. Gene had Pescado Escoriaol – grilled sea bass grilled with capers and almonds, along with broccoli, onion and potatoes (3,300 colones). I had Pasta Fleur de Lys-linguini with a good salsa-type sauce & excellent shrimp (2,000c). Gene had a nice salad. Wine with dinner, after dinner coffee, tax and tip brought the bill to 8,700c (about $33). Won’t do that often, but it was a great 1st night celebration!
Our flight down was amazingly smooth. Still feels weird to be at MIA without massive crowds. We got through customs in San Jose within 15 minutes. There’s always something magical about arriving in any city at night. The lights of the entire central valley seemed to welcome us. Martinaire actually served us a nice little sandwich meal with “real” eating utensils (except of course the knives, which were plastic!). Hadn’t seen anything more than a little package of dry pretzels on a plane in a long time.
I just figured out that we traveled 31 days out of the last 2 months. Rob and Polly’s wedding in Spokane was fabulous. I had thought perhaps watching my youngest child get married would make me feel old, but I was having way too much fun to notice! And Polly is great. Rob did a good job of choosing a daughter-in-law for me! Thanks, Rob! And of course we got to spend time with their son Evan and my beautiful daughter Angelique and her sons Jorden and Markie. I have the most incredible kids and grandkids. I’m glad we also took time to visit Seattle and Victoria, BC, as well as our friends Ron and Marilynn in Chicago, Aunt Kay & Uncle Nello in Port Charlotte, Aunt Mary in Plant City, friends Michael and Vashtee in Viero. Whatever time we weren’t traveling, we were staying in my friend Gail’s studio apartment. So we’ve had some practice with living out of a suitcase already! We also got packed up and moved out of our house during that time, so it’s been a busy 2 months.
July 30, 2002
We Made It!
| Hotlinks: DiggIt! Del.icio.us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














0 Comments:
Post a Comment