This is my friend Gail. Way back in the "old days" when I moved to Florida, I rented an apartment from Gail and Tony. Later on I sold their apartment buildings for them and helped Gail find the house she owns now. Still later I found them another investment property which fortunately they sold at a market high before the current crash. Along the way, we became friends forever. It's Gail who we visit when we go to Hollywood. It's also Gail who lent us a car during our entire 2-week visit. It was Gail who lent us an apartment for a month when we found ourselves temporarily homeless when our house sold in Florida before we left for Costa Rica. Gail is also the one who, when she learned of a homeless shelter being built in her neighborhood, took a bunch of stuff over to donate to them. This was while the rest of the neighborhood was up in arms doing that "not in my neighborhood thing." It was Gail who, with no hesitation, said "Of course" when I asked her if she wanted to drive across state to help when Hurricane Charley devastated the other Florida coast. Now she's a regular Red Cross volunteer. She's an amazing woman.
July 17, 2007
Friends Forever
| Hotlinks: DiggIt! Del.icio.us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 Comment:
Good post.
Post a Comment