
Met some of the Gallo Pinto Group (an expat online discussion group) at Azzurras for coffee & desayuno. The idea was to talk & also hear/see the Sunday band in El Parque Central. With all the conversation, I don’t think anyone was even aware of the band! Anyhow it was fun. Chuck and Linda were there. Also Loyd and Tim. Walked around the park on the way to Azzurra. There were many (!) people in the church, the big doors wide open and the music playing. It was wonderful. The old church itself is fabulous,

I was trying to think if I had found anything I’m not real fond of yet. Thought of 3 things:
The Shower Decision: Do I want a cold shower today, with some water pressure, or do I want a hot shower with no water pressure?
Toilet Paper in the “Wastedbasket.”
Darkness by Around Six p.m.
Into the evening, we realized we had failed to plan for dinner. The hotel guard told us there was a nice, but inexpensive, fish place not far from here that we should try. I guess maybe we should have asked him to define “not far from here.” Anyhow, it was an interesting ride, with some fabulous views along the way. El Banco de los Mariscos is a huge, extremely casual, family sort of place, with tables inside or on the porch. The food was good, but nothing particularly exciting. The experience of getting out there and back was worth it, although I probably would not go all the way out there just to have fish again. The taxis almost cost us more than the dinners!














0 Comments:
Post a Comment